Matakauri Lodge is an alpine lakeside retreat nestled in one of the world's most serenely beautiful landscapes. Spectacularly situated on Lake Wakatipu and only seven minutes from Queenstown. We currently have a fantastic opportunity for the right person to join our team.
We are looking for a candidate with excellent communication skills, strong computer abilities, a high level of attention to detail and the ability to multi task. This role requires skills with managing guest and colleague relationships and high standards of communication in English; both written and spoken.
Duties will include:
- Assisting guests with activities,
- Being the central communication centre for the Lodge,
- Collating guest accounts, balancing daily audits, answering telephones and general guest correspondence,
- Day to day tasks associated with room reservations ensuring exceptional experiences for our discerning guests,
- Administration tasks to ensure the smooth running of the front office department and lodge.
The successful candidate will have:
- A passion for service delivery and the Hospitality Industry
- A high level of attention to detail and exceptional organisational skills
- A highly professional approach
- Immaculate presentation
- Previous hotel experience or a background in the travel industry
- Experience with the Opera Property Management System will be highly regarded.
This position is to start in November 2019 and is only available to those that are able to live and work in New Zealand.
This is a unique role and one that differs greatly from a typical hotel or resort reception role. High energy levels, attention to detail and exceptional communication skills are critical to your success.
If you wish to apply for this role and have the attributes above, we'd love to hear from you.