The Lodge at Kauri Cliffs is located in the Bay of Islands, at the top of the North Island of New Zealand. Set on 6,000 acres of Pacific coastland, this luxury lodge is one of the most celebrated boutique resort hotels in the world.
Kauri Cliffs is also a member of Relais & Chateaux, an exclusive collection of the finest hotels and gourmet restaurants in the world.
A rare opportunity has become available for a full time Maintenance Professional to drive a culture of safety, quality and high performance. We are seeking a motivated, driven and technically savvy person with strong interpersonal skills. Reporting to the Lodge Manager, the Maintenance Manager will be responsible for the maintenance of the Lodge buildings, equipment, fixtures and fittings to protect the asset and ensure it remains a functional, pleasant and safe environment for all our guests and employees. The ideal candidate will be organised, self-motivated, friendly and someone who will go above and beyond the call of duty to ensure our guests have a luxurious experience and a memorable stay.
The Maintenance Manager will be responsible for:
- Prioritsing, planning and carrying out preventative maintenance and general repairs throughout the hotel to ensure standards are maintained for guest comfort.
- Contractor management
- Ensuring the Lodge upholds H&S and fire safety responsibilities
- Involvement in audit reporting and completion of monthly maintenance reporting.
- Upkeep records of repair work and daily compliance checks
- Researching, recommending and liaising with the Lodge Manager regarding procedures to improve overall efficiency
- Preparing and submitting Capex proposals and managing Capex projects
- Carrying out work as required and /or directed by the Lodge Manager
The applicant we are seeking will have:
- A relevant technical / maintenance background
- Exceptional communication skills
- Ability to drive and motivate a team
- Exceptional organisation skills and the ability to multi-task
- An eye for detail and the ability to work under pressure
- Previous experience in, and /or a working knowledge of, the hospitality industry.
- And a winning personality!
To succeed in this role you must be enthusiastic, flexible with working hours, self-directed to work individually and committed to being part of a world class team.
You must be eligible to work in NZ to apply for this position.