Located nearby Napier & Hastings, The Farm at Cape Kidnappers is a world class lodge that comprises 26 luxury guest suites, including our beautiful Owner's Cottage., a 6000 acre working farm and the No.17 ranked golf course in the world (#2 in New Zealand). The Farm at Cape Kidnappers is a member of Relais & Châteaux, an exclusive collection of the finest hotels and restaurants in the world.
The Farm at Cape Kidnappers is a member of Relais & Châteaux, an exclusive collection of the finest hotels and restaurants in the world.
We are currently seeking a professional Chef de Partie for our busy summer season. This is an excellent opportunity to join a hard working team dedicated to providing the finest seasonal food using local ingredients.
Your work will be an important factor adding to the guests overall satisfaction. The ultimate goal is to expand our clientele and reputation to ensure long-term success.
Previous experience at a similar standard establishment is essential. The successful candidate will also be flexible, have a can do attitude and want to push their career further. For this position, you must be self motivated, a team player and work well in a high pressure environment.
- Prepare menus in collaboration with colleagues
- Ensure adequacy of supplies at the cooking stations
- Prepare ingredients that should be frequently available (vegetables, spices etc.)
- Follow the guidance of the executive or sous chefs and have input in new ways of presentation or dishes
- Put effort in optimizing the cooking process with attention to speed and quality
- Enforce strict health and hygiene standards
- Help to maintain a climate of smooth and friendly cooperation
- Proven experience in a Chef de Partie role
- Excellent use of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and processes
- Ability to multitask and work efficiently under pressure
- Knowledge of best cooking practices
- Culinary school diploma
- And a full drivers license.
If you are interested in joining our dynamic team and have the skills and experience above, we’d love to hear from you.
You need a full driving licence and a valid working visa to apply.